Why join a fraternity like Kappa Sigma?
You will often hear a fraternity man, especially a Kappa Sigma Brother make a statement that credits his fraternity experience as contributing more to his education than his classroom learning in college. Why is this the case?
As a new student at Utah Valley University, you may feel overwhelmed by the diverse opportunities that college life has to offer. College is about more than classroom study, reports, and tests. College is about developing as a person, networking with other high caliber individuals, and enjoying the journey, as much as the experience.
Over 33,000 students attend UVU. Men and Women from every background and experience imaginable. You will come into contact with many different people in your classes. With some individuals you will develop friendships. At UVU you will have the opportunity to gain a first class education in the classroom from quality, real world experienced, faculty. That being said… if you want to really gain the most of your experience here, you will find your greatest learning opportunities outside the classroom, and you will develop your lifelong friends, future business partners, and the leaders of the future from those you meet in organizations outside class times.
It is these experiences where the Greek system truly shines. It is these abilities, this learning outside of the classroom that makes Kappa Sigma Rho-Phi Chapter what it is! When leaders among men band together as a group, instead of just individuals, and move towards mutual goals with common objectives, a special atmosphere is fostered where leadership, communication, conflict management and interpersonal skills are demanded and developed on a scale unmatched in any other club or organization.
Become part of the elite, the greatest few among thousands. Rush Kappa Sigma!
Benefits of Greek Life
- Fraternity men on average have higher grade point averages than non member males.
- 65% of fraternity members graduate from college, compared with only 45% for the general population.
- Of the current United States Senators ad Representatives, 24% are fraternity members.
- 85% of the U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1910, have been Fraternity members.
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greeks.
- 85% of Fortune 500 executives are fraternity members.
- 71% of the Who’s Who in America listees are also fraternity members.
Interested in joining? Got Questions?